HEAD OF PRODUCTION OPERATIONS
PERIOD: 6th March 2019 to 22nd March 2019
Job Advertisement - Head of Production Operations
East African Portland Cement Plc (EAPCPLC) is a leading cement manufacturer, situated in Athi River about 30km from Nairobi, and pioneered the manufacture of cement in East Africa in 1933.
The cement manufactured by East African Portland Cement Plc, is sold under the brand name Blue Triangle Cement and has been instrumental in the regions social-economic development as virtually all spheres of development have benefited from the use of Blue Triangle Cement.
The Company intends to fill the following vacant position as part of its turnaround strategy and re-organization program that is aimed at accelerating delivery of the Corporate strategic objectives.
HEAD OF PRODUCTION OPERATIONS : REF: EAPCC/HR/01/03/2019
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Production Operations will be responsible for overseeing production operations, engineering, maintenance and production related auxiliary services, all geared towards product realization in enhancement of shareholder value.
• Develop and oversee the implementation of the production operations strategy tied to the corporate strategy and objectives.
• Prepare and implement the approved Production budget in liaison with the Managing Director and the Executive Committee.
• Spearhead research and develop initiatives in the improvement of production standards, new products and cost effective production methods including plant improvement and reliability reviews.
• Review and develop production methods and techniques to ensure proper utilization of resources.
• Ensure continuous improvement of performance in production operations in standards and production technologies to achieve planned goals and objectives efficiently.
• Ensure production operations meet quality standards and enforce high standards for workplace safety, environmental compliance, and legal compliance in the production processes.
• Coordinate plant maintenance to ensure preventive and corrective actions are timely taken and ensure plant availability to meet scheduled production targets.
• Lead product realization processes to ensure effective plant capacity utilization in cement production.
• Prepare Board and management production reports tied to corporate performance.
• Lead, manage and develop the capacity of the production team by creating an enabling working environment, enhancing team spirit and talent development in the technical capacity of the Company manpower.
• Conduct annual Performance Evaluations with direct reports and ensure all employees under the reporting structure have their performance reviewed at least annually.
EAPCC desires to discuss this position with interested but qualified candidates who satisfy the following minimum qualifications;
o Bachelors degree in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering discipline.
o Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Finance related field will be an added advantage.
o High level of analytical and performance management skills.
o Over 10years’ experience of relevant cement production with at least over five (5) years’ experience in senior management position.
o Strong verbal and written communications skills.
o Computer skills including the use of e-mail, reporting and entering shift and production data, and Microsoft Office, working knowledge of JDE and other ICT packages.
o Ability to physically inspect plant equipment which requires climbing steps and the ability to walk extended distances over unpaved terrain in all weather conditions.
o Excellent interpersonal, negotiation skills, good attitude, persistence and willingness to learn.
o Unquestionable character and integrity.
NB: Applicants must meet values and principles set out in Article 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya and must attach clearance from:
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
• Certificate of Good Conduct (CID)
East African Portland Cement Plc
P.O. Box 20-00204 Athi River
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Qualified ladies & persons with disabilities and minority interests groups are encouraged to apply
• Canvassing of any sort shall lead to automatic disqualification