Adopt An Open Mind, Embrace Change
With advent of the ERP system, we are changing the way we have been doing business previously, we are cutting down on paper work, that we are working towards processes efficiency and reducing our turn- around in terms of client service. That we are embracing a new way of processing our documents in the whole value chain.
The decision by EAPCC as a company to embrace the JDE Business solutions brings with it unrivalled benefits in all areas of the company operations. Some of the benefits include:
- Streamlining and integrating operations, processes and information flows in the firm.
- Synergizing the resources of the organization namely men, material, money and machine. In other words, The ERP systems will integrate all data and processes of the organization into a unified system.
- The JDE Solution tool will assist the company in managing internal as well as external aspect of the organization.
- The use of JDE will enable the company to save a great deal of money in the long term by improving the productivity of the organization.
- JDE Solution is instrumental in getting rid of time consuming activities like paper management and the company will be able to study its processes, earnings, and performance by merging its operational information with its financial information. Once this information is connected together, the company will become more competitive and productive.
- Synergy is an important part of ERP solutions and the concept of combining multiple processes into a single whole will allow the company to become successful in the long term.
- The ERP Solution will allow the company to successfully automate the process of buying materials and maintaining them. It will also provide a platform for tracking supplies.
- It will also become possible for the company to predict the demand of the market based on history, economic statistics, and data from its employees.
Change Management is a planned approach to change within an organization. The objective is to maximize the benefits for the organization and lower the potential risk associated with any ERP solution changes. These changes are either reactive, which is caused by external source, or proactive, which is a goal oriented change. A huge aspect of integrating any new ERP technologies is human-based. There are psychological aspects of any change, such as resistance, that many people go through. Any effective change management touches on all these aspects within an organization. The key process of change management begins by measuring attitudinal changes as the process of ERP implementation begins which is not just recording how people feel about the changes anticipated in technology implementation of the business processes that is primarily focused on the automation over a period of time and how to manage the shift in their expectations. This requires a communication as well as a training process.
Why is ERP related to Change? Enterprise Resource Planning is not only a technology that automates the processes of the organizations but is a solution to run the business more efficiently and beneficially. That means implementing a world class Enterprise Resource Planning involves not only changes in the technical layer of the organization but also changes in the mission layer of the organization. This happens mainly due to the Best Practices which Enterprise Resource Planning solutions offer. Best Practices refer to the business models which are stored as work flow engine and the logic of programs in ERP package. Such models are made thorough benchmarking from the practices and business processes of the world class organizations and excellent enterprises. So by implementing JDE at EAPCC we are in fact employing these Business reference models. Thus, Enterprise Resource Planning implementation is equivalent to running the business as per new processes and practices. For this Change to be effective all EAPCC staff change to work on a new practice. This exposes why ERP is tied with change in the organization and organizational change must be considered as a consequence of such Enterprise Resource Planning implementation. What areas will undergo change? The change as told begins from the business processes. This includes new way of doing works and functions to run the business.